Monday 18 May 2015

Dark brown to blonde hair! How I got my new look

So I haven't posted recently, I've been holding off to write a post about the stages of my hair!
Thought this process these are the products I've used. 
I had decided that I wanted blonde hair with dark roots as I have dark eyebrows and this is the only way I could have blonde hair without looking washed out. I have been to the hair dresses 3 months before doing a diy jobs. 
My hairdresser was really nice but this wasn't quite what I wanted, there is to much dark brown  and a section of my hair at the top where there is a pattern  was died dark brown (no blonde/ginger tips) this proved difficult later on to remove. My sister had been doing my hair before I went to the hair dresser and this is how blonde she managed to get it 
As you can see not much has been lightened from this photo to the one after the hair dresser. Before I was due to go back and have my hair lighten more I decided it was to much money to waste when I won't have done what I want  and asked my sister to do it for me. The next photos are my sister applying the L'Oreal Feria lighting hair dye 
As you can see this hair dye lifts hair amazingly, I used two boxes due to having such thick hair and left it on for 45 minutes. Due to it being night I wasn't able to get a photo showing that although it is extremely light it's brassy with a large section of dark ginger where the section of dark brown hair due had been put at the hair dressers. The next morning I put a ash blonde due on my hair as ash defuses ginger tones, however this was the result of it.
I was so gutted it was ginger, so two days later we used another box of lightened and re lightened it. There was still a lot of ginger, it wasn't lifting well and silver shampoo was only doing to much , so I thought is I dye my roots dark and leave to blonde for a while it will lift when it's repaird ( my hair surprisingly has very little dam age done to it) so I used a nice and easy light brown hair dye in my hair and this was the result. 
No idea how this has happened as I left the brown in for longer than recommended so it soaked in well but this was just sheer ginger! By this point I was about to give up, and I see a girl posting on Instagram that she dyed her silver hair with a diluted black hair dye which have me the idea of using a green toned brown hair dye and dyluiting it and putting it over my blonde hair to make it a dirty blonde colour. I need to stress is you do this try and use a green based brown (no red or purple shine to it or named after and when you mix it up it goes a green/brown colour before turning dark) as this won't look ginger when diluted as it does not have a red time in it. 
This is my end result, my sister has done my hair perfectly! Even my hairdresser couldn't make it look this blended and natural! In so happy with this colour and will be keeping it for a good while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment